Factions Roll Call

OOC Faction and Guild Discussions go here. This is also the parent forum for hidden / private faction subforums available to members of those factions.
hannahcoldkiller
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: Titus McGinty
Other PCs: Emmon Lichsbane, Sartoris Mcginty, Isaac the Merchant
Bioware Username: wardaw

Factions Roll Call

Postby hannahcoldkiller » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:54 am

Thought for the sake of just being a good idea, that we should make a thread where we list the Factions/Guilds available on the server at the moment for those who want to join long the line of this

I guess this applies to "public" factions that anyone can join, but the secret ones can say hey we're secret doing secret stuff just to have an accounting of some kind of activity IG that new peeps can see.

So something like this:

Faction Name:
Type of Faction: (trade, class, religious, whatnot)
Current membership: (optional)
Point of Contact:
Alignment/Race/Class Restrictions (f any):
What you're all about:

Sound good?
Titus McGinty/Emmon Lichsbane/Sartoris Mcginty/Isaac the Merchant

Torquil Lamond
Dasarian Scout
Main Player Character: Commodore Lamond

Postby Torquil Lamond » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:42 am

I'd normally prefer the discovery process take place IG. It tends to grab people more, and in turn attract those who are more interested in the role, however, I will say that the Cerulean Fleet is a public player-faction moderated by the DM Team.

Interested parties need only check this out.
Commodore Torquil Lamond
The E.M.S. Resolute
The Cerulean Fleet

kikkelipoika
Dasarian Hero

Postby kikkelipoika » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:45 am

maybe it would be better to have a sticky about guilds in the rumors forum, where small bits of information and rumours would be listed about the guilds. Then the guilds could choose how much they want the new players to know about them initially.

for example, there could be an assassin guild that always performs an assassination in certain fashion, and they could put there a rumor like someone saying: "another body was found that was <insert the description here>, I wonder who's behind all this" or something like that. It would help people find out about secret guilds, but it would preserve the mystery about them. Also public guilds could use that kind of "rumors" to advertise their existance, which i'd prefer to an OOC listing.
Insanity has been kind to me, but no longer.

Will
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: William Dearborn
Other PCs: Ganrai

Postby Will » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Faction Name: Image

Type of Faction: Trade and Acquisition

Current membership: Confidential

Point of Contact: William Dearborn and Pylia Ju'ein

Alignment/Race/Class Restrictions: None

What you're all about: I prefer the process of discovery to be taken place IG as well. If you want to find out, feel free to investigate. Otherwise this faction works on a need-to-know basis.
William Trueborn | The Heretic
Matthew Croven | Faithful Servant of Peralia

Vahene
Gets her own T-Shirt with Val Kilmer; 2009 BEST SCREENSHOT WINNER!
Main Player Character: Edana & Elle
Other PCs: Brion
Vallyn
Faen
Ithwynn
Bioware Username: Vahene

Postby Vahene » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Will, just wanted to mention - I love the art. :) That's cool.

K
Dame Edana Genvaldi - Knight of Argentum Vigilo
Brion Genvaldi - "Obtainer" of Lost Items
Amarenth Dormagic - A Trickster

Famous Last Words: "A lich, huh? No problem; I steal his spellbook."

Black Hand Enclave
Dasarian Scout

Postby Black Hand Enclave » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:22 pm

Faction Name: Black Hand Enclave
Type of Faction: Equal opportunity assassination and aquistions guild
Current membership: We could tell you but we would hav to kill you
Point of Contact: PM Black Hand Enclave
Alignment/Race/Class Restrictions: No restrictions though Evil Preists and fallen Paladins recieve a signing bonus after induction
What you're all about: Equality and peace for all races no matter what it takes. Specialize in removal of unsightly annoyances and destabilization of governments for the greater good of whoever pays the most

The New Beginning

Playing Well with Other Assassins

Favorite Black Hand Recruitment Poster

Old Post on Our Favorite Subject

Old Recruiting Drive

Taking Care of Traitors

Recruitment Posters
Light cannot shine without Darkness to banish

A knife in the back is worth two in the chest.

Will
Dasarian Hero
Main Player Character: William Dearborn
Other PCs: Ganrai

Postby Will » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Will, just wanted to mention - I love the art. :) That's cool.

K
I agree. I think it was done by Rob.
William Trueborn | The Heretic
Matthew Croven | Faithful Servant of Peralia

Anen
Dasarian
Main Player Character: Euldrich
Other PCs: Torquil Lamond

Postby Anen » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:17 am

Can't speak to the X symbol (I think Matt found that on GIS), but the logo was actually done by Shara (Rheia/Maeve).

Nuclear Diva
Dasarian

Postby Nuclear Diva » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:20 am

Sword of the Light seeks others of same for long term meaningful relationship. Good alignment a plus. I am no leader and am currently guided only by my conscience and the will of my God. Sadly, due to a marked lack of education on my part and being from a distant land, I do not know the true name the Varanites use for the God of Light. Vague whispers of the faithful have touched my ears though I have lost contact with those who professed a similar faith. The God in question appears to be among the unspoken. Any interested parties please feel free to PM me with possible contact information.
"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them" John Updike

Lossëlaurë
Commoner

Postby Lossëlaurë » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:11 am

Faction Name: The Pathfinders
Type of Faction: Humanitarian
Current membership: It's New!
Point of Contact: Lossëlaurë
Alignment/Race/Class Restrictions: Non-Evil
What you're all about:
The Pathfinders are a Dúnedain / Harper-like group. They ceaselessly patrol the boundaries of civilization, protecting the helpless in the wild and marginal places. They watch the paths leading in and out of civilized lands, guide and protect travelers in the wild, and ruthlessly pursue the destruction of the evils that threaten them. While they eschew the cities and towns for the wilds, they are ironically, their first line of defense against outside threats and a reliable intelligence network.

ErictheRed
Dasarian Scout

Postby ErictheRed » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:29 am

I have a character that would be interested in the Plowmen, except that I can't seem to find any in-game. Do Plowmen exist, or should I just start being a Plowman?
Characters: Soltis, Garrett, and William of Aucklorn.

Forgive, Oh Lord, my little jokes on thee
And I'll forgive thy great big one on me.

Wired
Retired

Postby Wired » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:44 am

I have a character that would be interested in the Plowmen, except that I can't seem to find any in-game. Do Plowmen exist, or should I just start being a Plowman?
I'm not aware of any... go for it! The distinction between Dasaria and other well-worn properties such as FR is that players have the scope to define such things!
Cum eos testibus arripuisses, eorum corda mentesque sequentur

10/2

Bobzim
Dasarian Hero

Postby Bobzim » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:14 pm

Faction Name: Order of the Diamond

Type of Faction: Commercial/Crafting

Current membership: Most of the top crafters in Cear (see this topic)

Point of Contact: Amnon Meshullam

Alignment/Race/Class Restrictions: No Drow

What you're all about: The Order of the Diamond is not a religious sect, although most within the order believe in giving Brintha her due. The order is an association of Master Craftsmen, Junior Craftsmen and Apprentices. The members of this order discuss everything from the rarity of supplies, guaranteed prices for their works, new recipes, and expansion of ideas.

If you are a crafter and wish to join us, please see Amnon IG, or send a PM. All (except Drow) are welcome.
Amnon Meshullam - Elven EK and Master Craftsman | Bobzim Moorman - Human Bard | Luteus del Calochortus - Human Pirate | Dawg Faolan - Svirfneblin Cleric | Phelan Shumani - Human Druid | Joog Atu Zaban - Human EK

kikkelipoika
Dasarian Hero

Postby kikkelipoika » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:17 pm

...God of Light...
Rel is a heretical deity in varana as far as i know. Unless you mean some other god of light i'd suggest you don't go advertising your patron in public :wink:
Insanity has been kind to me, but no longer.

blackheart
Dasarian Hero

Postby blackheart » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:21 pm

...God of Light...
Rel is a heretical deity in varana as far as i know. Unless you mean some other god of light i'd suggest you don't go advertising your patron in public :wink:
Fairly certain the OP knows this -- Besides, this is an OOC thread. I haven't taken a survey or anything, but there's probably more worshipers of Rel and Tyrak here than anything else. (On second thought, there's probably more worshipers of Forgotten Realms Gods).

Nonetheless, a faction of heretics would liven this place up a bit. Good story potential, what with that big empty church up in Aucklorn and you-know-what going on beneath the streets of Cear.

You determine your level of involvement.

Allaric Wyvernsbane, Pathfinder / Roark, Trident Brother / Algor, Dasarian Lorax / Ash, Diminutive Polymath / Cornelius Swift, Straight Man

Return to “Factions and Guilds Discussion”